[Snort-sigs] Rule 8428 triggered by IIS HTTPS connection

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...435...
Wed Apr 29 09:17:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Evgeniy Sudyr
<Evgeniy.Sudyr at ...3376...> wrote:

> Let me know if I need send more info which can help solve this issue.

Check out the following.

http://www.sourcefire.com/resources/snort-webcast-access?sfext=snorthome

February 23, 2009 | Effective Problem Reporting: How to Get Your
Problems Noticed and Fixed
In this session of the Snort-Users webinar series, Alex Kirk of the
Sourcefire VRT discusses how to prepare a Snort rules-related bug
report that will enable the VRT to help you solve the problem at hand.
Discussion will include:

    * Common pitfalls in false positive/negative reporting
    * Steps that you should take prior to submitting a bug report for a rule
    * A checklist you should use when you're ready to submit your bug report

http://www.snort.org/vrt/falsepos.html

Sourcefire VRT Certified Rules False Positive Reporting Policy

May 2008

We get false positive reports on a regular basis and we spend a lot of
time verifying those reports. Here are some basic things we need to
know everytime a report is submitted.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist