[Snort-sigs] Beta release of the new Snort.org website

Mike Guiterman mguiterman at ...435...
Mon Apr 20 17:02:28 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

As many of you know the Snort project recently reached its 10th
Anniversary.  In honor of this milestone we’re giving Snort a new website to
call home.  This site update is much more than just a new look and feel.
We’re rebuilding the site from the ground up to better serve the needs of
the Snort Community. Once the site is complete, some of the improvements
you’ll see are:

•    Simplified navigation including a new persistent links panel at the
bottom of every page allowing you to get the content you need from anywhere
on the site
•    Improved user account management allowing you to edit all of your
profile information including your email address
•    New Forums application with the ability to rate posts
•    Improved management of VRT Subscriptions including the ability to
generate multiple Oinkcodes

The new Snort.org site is still in development but we’ve reached a point
where we’d like to ask you, the community for feedback.  We’ve released a
beta site at: http://beta.snort.org that we’d like you to review and provide
feedback on.  We’d primarily like your feedback on the new look and feel,
updated navigation and content on the site. We’d also like you to submit
enhancement requests for new features and content you’d like to see on
Snort.org

We’d particularly like to get specific feedback from Snort-Sigs list users.
We’d like you all to weigh in on any additional content and new features
you’d like to see on Snort.org that would enhance your use of the rules from
Snort.org, improve communication with the VRT, and generally make managing
Snort rules easier for the community.

All feedback should be submitted via a very short survey at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=WjBviOcPU5nPg5002A12pg_3d_3d.

This is a live project and we’ll continue to add functionality and content
based on your feedback.  In this beta release some of the site functionality
has been disabled.  At this time you will not be able to register an
account, log in, post to the forums, generate an Oinkcode or buy a VRT
subscription, but all other site features are open for your review.  We’ll
migrate all user account and subscription information prior to the site
going live.

Thanks for you help and feedback on this project.