[Snort-sigs] Snort v2.6.0 RC2 Available

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...435...
Mon May 8 15:15:13 EDT 2006

Hey folks,

The Snort Team is pleased to announce the availability of Snort v2.6.0
RC2. This release includes a number of fixes from the RC1 release,
including:
* Cleaned up a number of memory leaks and potential crashes.
* Fixes to Database Output plugin to handle MySQL timestamps and when
network interface is specified in config (versus command line).
* Fixes for compiling on Solaris platforms with native Sun compiler.

As always, we would like to thank the community for continuing to test
the releases and provide helpful feedback. We welcome any further
feedback as we move quickly to a stable release.

The release candidate source tarball and binaries are available at
http://www.snort.org/dl/prerelease/. Questions or feedback on 2.6.0 RC2,
contact snort-beta at ...435...

Happy Snorting!

Jennifer