[Snort-sigs] Alert rules

Chris Kronberg smil at ...1754...
Fri Mar 10 01:41:04 EST 2006

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, FRANK SORNATALE wrote:

> I know you say these are very basic rules but i have never delt with snort.
> As a matter of fact i never delt with networking.  That is why i need help
> because even when i look at the manual i get confused as i get more into it.

   I you have never dealt with networking then that's your starting
   point. You will have a really, really hard time to understand
   what snort is doing without networking knowledge. Leave the snort
   part to someone experienced (who works with you so that you have
   the chance to learn).

   Cheers,

   Chris Kronberg.

--