[Snort-sigs] Alert rules
sornatale at ...12...
Thu Mar 9 12:36:01 EST 2006
Was wondering if anyone can help me figure out these rules: Please i really
need the help from some experience users.
1. Create an alert from any incoming packets from source address
22.214.171.124, source port 80 to any machine on the internal network.
2. Create an alert for any incoming packet whose contents contain "tcpdump"
3. Create an alert for any outgoing packets that list the CUPS protocol.
4. Create an alert for any packet that attempts to CREATE an ssh connection.
5. Create an alert for any packet whose contents contain the word "bard"
(not case sensitive).
7. Create an alert for any packets from source 172.17.76.1 and whose
destination is 172.17.76.3, that contains the keyword "diffie".
8. Create an alert for any packets whose destination port (on the trusted,
internal network) is 50146.
9. Create an alert for any outgoing packets whose source port is 42637 and
whose contents contains the keyword "firefox" (case insensitive).
10. Create an alert for any packets that contain a source or destination IP
address within the 192.168.0.0/24 domain.
>From: snort-sigs-request at lists.sourceforge.net
>To: sornatale at ...12...
>Subject: Welcome to the "Snort-sigs" mailing list
>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:32:02 -0800
>Welcome to the Snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list!
>To post to this list, send your email to:
> snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
>General information about the mailing list is at:
>If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
>or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
>subscription page at:
>You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:
> Snort-sigs-request at lists.sourceforge.net
>with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
>quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.
>You must know your password to change your options (including changing
>the password, itself) or to unsubscribe. It is:
>If you forget your password, don't worry, you will receive a monthly
>reminder telling you what all your lists.sourceforge.net mailing list
>passwords are, and how to unsubscribe or change your options. There
>is also a button on your options page that will email your current
>password to you.
>You may also have your password mailed to you automatically off of the
>Web page noted above.
Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
More information about the Snort-sigs