[Snort-sigs] rule for Non-SSL traffic on SSL port?

Lorine Ruotolo lori.ruotolo at ...12...
Tue Jun 20 12:05:19 EDT 2006

My solution to any situation like this would be to do a packet capture of a
regular SSL conversation and then of a non-SSL connection over the SSL port
doing the same thing.

Look at the packets in the two conversations and see if there is any true
indicator to write a signature with to check for non-SLL over port 443.

There must be something in clear-text that would occur on the non-SSL that
wouldn't occur over the true SSL connection.