[Snort-sigs] Snort Community Rules Update

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...435...
Wed Jan 25 16:09:09 EST 2006

Frank Knobbe wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 16:58 -0500, Sourcefire VRT wrote:
>

>>100000226 || COMMUNITY VIRUS Possible BlackWorm or Nymex infected host
>

> Is this another Nymex signature or one that is based on (or a copy of) a
> Bleeding Snort Nymex rule?
>
> How is the committee coming along that prevents duplications like this?

We posted a call for volunteers last week and have had great response.
The committee will be chartered with defining a method to identify and
either prevent or help users understand the overlap and differences
between similar rules in the open source Snort rulesets. The board is
meeting Friday to finalize the committee and get things kicked off.

More info on the OSSRC is available at http://ossrc.snort.org.
Volunteers are still welcome so if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Cheers,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Steffens