[Snort-sigs] OSSRC Rules Overlap Committee

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...435...
Fri Jan 20 08:33:00 EST 2006

The Open Source Snort Rules Consortium (OSSRC) is seeking several
qualified individuals to head up our first committee. This committee
will be chartered with defining a method to identify and either prevent
or help users understand the overlap and differences between similar
rules in the open source Snort rulesets.

These individuals should have better than average understanding of Snort
rules. The most likely candidates will be those that work in the
industry and with Snort on a regular basis.

We anticipate this role will take a number of hours commitment up front
to define the process and method, but long term will likely not be a
significant load.

Please email ossrc at ...95... with questions or to be considered for this
committee.

Cheers,
Jennifer

--