[Snort-sigs] Problems loading BASE

Wes Young wcyoung at ...2584...
Thu Jan 5 14:20:03 EST 2006

create a script that does two things:

archives the base table anything older than (today - $XDays);

run an optimize on the table right after.

cron this round 4am every day and you should be ok.

I used to have something that did this, but i can't seem to find it.

Michael Mulholland wrote:

> folks
>
> apologies if this is the wrong forum
>
> i have a recent snort install and the i'm having major difficulty trying to
> clear the alerts from BASE
>
> i have over 3 million alerts as a result of the system being left
> unattended for 2 weeks and a full ruleset applied
>
> now BASE takes 20 mins to load the main page and times out if i try to
> delete the main alerts
>
> can i clear the alerts from mysql?
>
> i've tried to alter the timeout on the base_conf.php file but it won't let
> me - not even as root
>
> thanks to anyone taking the time to answer or even reply
>
> michael mulholland
>

> *******************************************************************************************
>   Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily
> those of the Department of Finance & Personnel or The Office Of the First
> Minister and  Deputy First Minister.  This email and any files transmitted
> with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify
> the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software.
> All emails are swept for the presence of viruses.

Wes Young
Network Security Analyst
University at Buffalo
| My Security Blog: | http://tinyurl.com/9av4k 	|