[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] snort-mysql will not start

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...435...
Wed Feb 8 17:31:12 EST 2006

On  0, CasperLinux <CasperLinux at ...1143...> allegedly wrote:

> > Is this on one line or two (I'm assuming two and it looks like two thanks
> > to mail client line wrapping)?
>
> IT's on a single line

ok, cool.

> > Did you ./configure --with-mysql or not?
>
> I installed via Debian binaries.  I did this before my system didn't work
> because of a configuration problem and I had this all working.  This time
> around I can't figure out the problem.  And of course I forgot to write down
> how I fixed this the first time.

ok, well in this case it could be that the binary you have does not have mysql support compiled into it. I think your easiest way out of this (especially if you intend to stick with the Debian binaries for upgrading) is to use unified output and then use barnyard to process and send to MySQL.

 http://www.snort.org/dl/barnyard/

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.