[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] snort-mysql will not start

CasperLinux CasperLinux at ...1143...
Wed Feb 8 17:23:35 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 19:01, Nigel Houghton wrote:
> On  0, CasperLinux <CasperLinux at ...1143...> allegedly wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 February 2006 09:03, you wrote:
> > > Could you post some actual responses and error's?
> >
> > FATAL ERROR: Undefined variable name: (/etc/snort/snort.conf:508)
> >
> > That line is defined in my post yesterday.

> Is this on one line or two (I'm assuming two and it looks like two thanks
> to mail client line wrapping)?

IT's on a single line

> Did you ./configure --with-mysql or not?

I installed via Debian binaries.  I did this before my system didn't work
because of a configuration problem and I had this all working.  This time
around I can't figure out the problem.  And of course I forgot to write down
how I fixed this the first time.