[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] snort-mysql will not start

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...435...
Wed Feb 8 16:03:00 EST 2006

On  0, CasperLinux <CasperLinux at ...1143...> allegedly wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 09:03, you wrote:
> > Could you post some actual responses and error's?
>
> FATAL ERROR: Undefined variable name: (/etc/snort/snort.conf:508)
>
> That line is defined in my post yesterday.
> >
> > > This is the line that is bad according to the error message:
> > >
> > > output database: log, mysql, user=xxxxxxxxxx password=xxxxxx
> > > dbname=snort host=[name of box]

Is this on one line or two (I'm assuming two and it looks like two thanks to mail client line wrapping)?

Did you ./configure --with-mysql or not?

                   Vulnerability Research Team

         There is no theory of evolution, just a list
            of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.