[Snort-sigs] Update rule sid 2590

Blake Hartstein bhartstein at ...274...
Mon Aug 21 16:30:53 EDT 2006

Hi,
This rule is attempting to detect a MAIL FROM overflow.
I've seen some false positives when sending arbitrary messages like "I
got email from ..." and various other variations of the same idea.
These can be reduced if you anchor the MAIL FROM to the previous
newline, thoughts?

content:"|0a|MAIL FROM";

-Blake

--
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.  Demarc Security, Inc. does not accept liability for the views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be transmitted with this email.

This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.