[Snort-sigs] Snort conf file

U.Chandrasekar chandrau at ...3165...
Mon Oct 17 05:20:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable information. now i can start snort.can i make snort
ids to scan only my internal network and give reports through acid viewer.

chandrasekar.u

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Kliarsky [mailto:360air at ...1143...]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 11:58 PM
To: 'U.Chandrasekar'; snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-sigs] Snort conf file

First off, what error are you getting?
Also, u should change your var HOME_NET from the default to reflect your net
below - I looked at your .conf file and it still has var HOME_NET
192.168.1.0/24 (not 192.168.0.0/24) -
It's snort that is not starting, correct? If ur getting ACID errors, make
sure u can successfully log into mysql using the db credentials and the
acid.conf file reflect the same-
Personal note - u should use BASE instead of ACID

~ adam