[Snort-sigs] Check Point Software Technologies to Acquire Sourcefire

Jennifer Steffens jennifer.steffens at ...435...
Thu Oct 6 04:33:46 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

We are very excited to announce that Check Point has signed an agreement
to acquire Sourcefire. We understand that this announcement affects not
only Sourcefire but the community as well. We want to be sure to put
everyone's mind at ease that Snort is now and will continue to be free
to end-users.  We will continue to develop and distribute the Snort
engine under the GPL, improve and document the program to stay on the
cutting edge and expand the snort.org web site.  The community
continues, as always, to be important to us as a group of people who use
the code pervasively throughout the entire Internet, report on problems
and make suggestions and contributions to the project.  Check Point is
very excited about continuing Sourcefire’s involvement with the open
source community!

Read a message from Marty Roesch, Snort creator, to the community at
http://www.snort.org/about_snort/msg_from_marty/mr_100605.html.

Regards,
Jennifer

--