[Snort-sigs] Any new rules coming out of snort.org?

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...435...
Wed Mar 30 21:41:26 EST 2005

On  0, Frank Knobbe <frank at ...1978...> allegedly wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 21:04 -0600, Nigel Houghton wrote:
> > Why can't you automate the download of the Community or VRT rules?
>
> My automated system was (and still is) based off the CVS repository.
>
> Will the GPL rules be updated there? Or do I have to abandon CVS?

Ahh, I see, run with oinkmaster and an oink code. Grab the ruleset
you want that way. There's the Community ruleset too if you want to get
that.

Alternatively a quick bit of Perl using WWW::Mechanize should get you
automated pretty quickly too.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

   Stewie: This is treason.. for God sakes Peter make an example of
   her.. nothing says 'obey me' like a bloody head on a fence post.