[Snort-sigs] Any new rules coming out of snort.org?

Geoffrey Sanders gtsanders_70 at ...144...
Wed Mar 30 19:40:26 EST 2005

Automation is possible (even continuing to do this via
oinkmaster), however, it requires registration to
recieve an 'Oink Code' that is tied to your personal
user account. This will be put into a new (modified)
link in oinkmaster.conf.

I just pulled some rules from CVS the other day...so
they exist there too. No registration currently
required. :-)

http://cvs.snort.org/viewcvs.cgi/snort/rules/

All of this information (including the original posted
question about where the rules went) is available from
snort.org (website and mailing lists)...folks might
want to take the time to do a bit of research on their
own before posting to the forum.

http://www.snort.org/news/

http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/Mar-05/msg00257.html