[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] Snort 2.3.1 released!

Matt Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Thu Mar 10 10:36:27 EST 2005

Ok, now that I'm through my email I see why we're having the issues with
#'s in rules.

Do we need to escape them as normal? Or is this a bug? I'
d think we would want to ignore any #'s in quotes so as to not terminate
the line there.

Which way should we go? Escape them or is this a bug?

Thanks

Matt

Jeremy Hewlett wrote:
> Hello Snorters!
>
> Snort 2.3.1 has been released to address a few important issues some
> users have experienced since the release of 2.3.0. A big thanks to the
> community for your continued support and feedback, which is very much
> appreciated. Below is the list of resolved items for this release:
>
> * Fixed issue where the number of flowbits were too small. Thanks Marc
>   Norton for the fix.
>
> * Fixed parsing of comments at end of line in config file. In
>   snort.conf, anything that follows a # on a line is considered a
>   comment. Thanks Steve Sturges for the fix.
>
> * Fixed alignment issue causing sfPortscan to crash on Solaris/HPUX.
>   Thanks Andy Mullican for the fix. Thanks Senthil Prabu.S and
>   Jonathan Miner for working with us on this.
>
> Snort-2.3.1 can be found at the usual place, http://www.snort.org/dl.
> Please remember that updated rules are only included in major
> releases. For updated rules, visit http://www.snort.org/rules/.
>
> Cheers,
> The Snort Team

Matthew Jonkman, CISSP