[Snort-sigs] Snort - problem

eirinina at ...3092... eirinina at ...3092...
Sun Jun 12 02:37:39 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have the following problem:
I use Snort as a NIDS in order to monitor a single host. But I have a problem with HTML POST GET attempts. I want to have an alert every time a password transfers from my host to internal or external network. So, I created a file named "password.rules" and I wrote the following rule:
alert tcp any any -> any any (content: "password";)

However, this rule doesn't work hence it doesn't catch password attempts. Do you know what's wrong with the rule or where might the problem is?

Thank you,
Eirini