[Snort-sigs] If You're Using Bleeding Snort Rules Read This!!

Eric Hines eric.hines at ...1663...
Thu Jun 9 12:20:24 EDT 2005

Erik,

Are you physically unable to shut up and move on? I thought the rest of us
had already done that. You seem to be a little slow so I'll address your
individual statements below:

#1) Go take a grammar school class:
    - Customer's == possessive
    - Customers == plural

"Plural forms: The plural form of a noun indicates simply that there are
more than one of the person or thing in question. For most nouns, the plural
form includes the letter "s" at the end of the word (e.g. Dogs, Trees,
Turtles)."

"Possessive forms: A possessive form of a noun signifies that the noun owns
something: A musician's talent, A woman's ambition, Customer's Snort Sensors
Possessive forms call for a properly placed apostrophe. The placement is
different for singular and plural nouns. For this reason, you must know the
correct singular and possessive nouns before you can make them possessive."

#2) Don't make suppositions about products, particularly ours if you don't
fully understand it. Otherwise, your just spreading FUD: "FUD is an
abbreviation for Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, a sales or marketing strategy
of disseminating negative but vague or inaccurate information on a
competitor's product. The term originated to describe misinformation tactics
in the computer software industry and has since been used more broadly."

Squash this thread bud..

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1134 N. Main St.
Algonquin, IL 60102
Tel: (877) 262-7593 e:327
Fax: (877) 262-7593
Mob: (847) 456-6785
Web: http://www.appliedwatch.com
-
Enterprise Snort Management at http://www.appliedwatch.com.
Security Information Management for the Open Source Enterprise.
-