[Snort-sigs] False negative in 3087.1 (WEB-IIS w3who.dll buffer overflow attempt)

Matt Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Mon Jan 24 18:03:00 EST 2005

Ummm. wow. When did this come around, what version? I must have missed
it in the changelogs. Been hoping for that for a while.

Thanks for pointing it out Nigel. I'v got about 200+ rules to go modify.  :)

Matt

Nigel Houghton wrote:

>http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_manual/node19.html#SECTION004510000000000000000
>
> "U: Match the decoded URI buffers (Similar to uricontent)"

Matthew Jonkman, CISSP
Senior Security Engineer
Infotex
765-429-0398 Direct Anytime