[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-devel] A Snort Problem

Rich Adamson radamson at ...908...
Mon Jan 10 07:04:09 EST 2005

> Dear Sir/Madam
> I use snort version 2.2.0 in my WINDOWS XP machien. when i use block command with react in a
rull and run the snort , if
> a machien generate The alarted condition , the snort will be closed with windows and the eror
message

> snort.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience.....

> Please guide me about this problem and how can i repair this problem ?!

Make sure you are using WinPcap v3.0 only (no other version). If you
are not using that version, remove whatever you are currently using,
reboot, and install v3.0.

If this XP machine has multiple nic cards, use the card that is reported
as the 'first' one as shown in snort -W as the sensor port.