[Snort-sigs] OT: cleanup in Bleeding edge rules

Matt Jonkman mjonkman at ...2436...
Mon Feb 21 07:04:52 EST 2005

Absolutely. Thanks for pointing those out. We've been a bit sloppy.
Those are all fixed.

That is the standard we enforce on ourselves (most of the time). We want
this:

BLEEDING-EDGE Virus .....

Bleeding all caps, the ruleset name mixed case.

Thanks

Matt

Jason Haar wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not a member of the Bleeding edge list, but I know they
> listen here
>
> Can the rules be tidied up a bit? Currently if you do:
>
> egrep -v 'msg:"BLEEDING-EDGE |msg: "BLEEDING-EDGE '
> ~/bleeding-all.rules|grep ^al
>
> there are 5 that don't match - one BLEEDING_EDGE and the rest don't have
> BLEED* at all.
>
> Perhaps standardize them on 'msg:"BLEEDING-EDGE '? It just makes
> sed's/etc a lot easier when they all start with the same string :-)
>
> Thanks!

Matthew Jonkman, CISSP
Senior Security Engineer
Infotex