[Snort-sigs] ipadnet.com.br's broken mailservers.

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...481...
Tue Apr 5 23:45:47 EDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Matt Kettler wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> >Will the mailinglist admin be kind enough to remove the address that is
> >resulting in these bounces? I have asked it outside the list several times
> >but apparantly NO ONE is listening.
> >
> They've been doing that for many months, possibly years now.
>
> Unfortunately nobody can tell what the offending address is, since
> ipadnet.br doesn't include the offending account name in their bounces.

So an admin can check the list to see if anything else matches. I have
done it several times with mailman and others and a likely candidate or
short list of them should emerge. In this case a simple script could be
used to send a test message to this group so the response could be used to
find the right user. It only requires an unique From: line per user.

Hugo.