[Snort-sigs] Yahoo, Hotmail, and unauth sigs

Matthew Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Fri May 28 09:55:04 EDT 2004

Good ideas, all of them. I'm doing them now. Except uri content. When I
turn that on they don't hit as often. Miss about half. Anyone have an
idea there?

Updated versions at http://snort.infotex.com to avoid 30 versions of
these floating around the list.

Thanks Nigel. Nitpicky is good. :)

Matt

Nigel Houghton wrote:

> On  0, Nigel Houghton <nigel at ...435...> allegedly wrote:
>

>>One more nitpicky thing, it's always nice if things are laid out
>>consistently, like each rule ending with sid:123; rev:1; but that's just
>>me probably :)
>

> I forgot to mention that it might also be useful to use BLEEDING-EDGE in
> the msg part for each of your rules in the bleeding.rules file, just to
> keep things in line with the rule sets from snort.org.

> Nigel Houghton       Research Engineer        Sourcefire Inc.
>                  Vulnerability Research Team
>
> In an emergency situation involving two or more officers of equal rank,
> seniority will be granted to whichever officer can program a vcr.

Matthew Jonkman, CISSP
Senior Security Engineer
Infotex
765-429-0398 Direct Anytime