[Snort-sigs] Kibuv.Worm signature anyone?

Tony Bunce tonyb at ...2512...
Wed May 26 21:28:05 EDT 2004

Well let me explain the process and then everyone will understand why we
need to know why we need to know what virus it is.

The way our system works is that once ids detects an infected user it
looks up the username via ip then marks the user as infected in our sql
table along with the time and virus.  The next time the user connects
the radius server know the user is infected based and they get a special
ip and dns server address.  The dns server returns the ip of one of our
webservers no matter what domain is queried.  Then the webserver finds
the username and virus based on the ip and sql table.  The web server
then gives the user instructions on how to remove the virus and download
the windows patch.  After that the user can mark themselves as clean and
dial up as normal.

Soooo.... that is why I need to know which virus the user is infected
with.  The point of the system is to eliminate tech support interaction
with such a large number of infected users.

I will try the sigs that were posted here on the list (thanks!!) and try
to go from there.

Does anyone know where I can download or look at some packet dumps of
the viruses?

Thanks for all the help.

Thank you,
Tony Bunce, CCNA, Network+
Systems Administration
GO Concepts, Inc.
www.go-concepts.com
www.sitesbygo.com
On GO yet?
513-934-2800
1-888-ON-GO-YET

Thank you for choosing GO Concepts as your Internet Services Partner!
You truly are what makes us GO!  Your input is important to us, so if we
have been helpful or if you feel we could have done a better job, please
let us know by emailing your praise, complaint, or suggestions to
directors at ...2513...