[Snort-sigs] how current are snort signatures ?

Hari Krishnan hkrishid at ...144...
Mon May 24 22:52:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am currently looking at various options for IPS systems. One of our key criteria is that the IPS signatures must be current or atleast needs to be made available as soon as a vulnerbility is identified (ideally even before an exploit has occured). Could you pls help with information on how current are snort signatures and how does snort compare to best of breed signature based IPS/IDS systems in the market.

Thank you,

Hari