[Snort-sigs] Bobax/Kibuv Windows XP UPnP SCAN

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at ...2436...
Tue May 18 09:00:24 EDT 2004

I'd be careful with that one. It'll hit on regular windows UPnP traffic.

If a user brings in an XP home or something it'll load you with a bunch
of false positives. You ought to find what a real UPnP connection looks
like and exclude that. Then everything else could probably be considered
hostile. I imagine this worm will evolve, so a sig to detect it's exact
initial attack may be too short-lived.

Matt