[Snort-sigs] no references to MS04-011 in 2.1 NetBIOS ruleset?

Brian bmc at ...95...
Sun May 2 19:35:02 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 08:49:16PM -0400, Martin Roesch wrote:
> > The CURRENT ruleset does have references, so any idea when they
> > become "official"?
>
> They're "official" in that they're out in CURRENT, dunno why they
> haven't been backported in the 2.1 snapshot unless there's an issue
> with flowbits functionality in 2.1.2+, I'll ask Caswell.

Large number of people run 2.1.0, which doesn't support flowbits.  The
2.1 snapshot is for anyone running ANY version of the 2.1 branch.

CURRENT should always work if you are using the latest release or
release canidate.

One of these days, I may get traction for SANE version number
incrementing for Snort.  (aka, massive change gets major, new features
get minor bump, bug fixes get reversion)

Brian