[Snort-sigs] query

Michael Miller michael.miller at ...1811...
Fri Mar 19 07:43:11 EST 2004

Sounds like snort isn't actually putting anything in the database. OR you
have to manually import info into the alert cache (click on 'cache and
status' on the homepage, then see if there's any events in the Alert
Information Cache 'Total Events' window)

ACID auto adds any new alerts with every pageload unless you turn that
feature off (which you want to do if you have any large number of events)

-----Original Message-----
From: jayarajd [mailto:jayarajd at ...2324...]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 1:44 AM
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-sigs] query

Dear Sir/Madam,
i have installed and configured snort in redhat linux 9.0 and all the
services are running fine (mysql.snort,httpd). the thing is when i open
acid in web browser i am get the page with everything zero (example:-
tcp=0, udp=0 source=0, destination=0) like that i am getting. so i think
something went wrong on snort rules. can u please help me and guide me
in running the snort.
thanks in advance.
--
Thanks and Regards,