[Snort-sigs] A question about comparing IDSs

Islam Hegazy islheg at ...12...
Tue Mar 16 01:45:08 EST 2004

Dear all,

I am Islam Hegazy, a researcher in the faculty of Computer and Information Sciences, Ain Shams University, Egypt. I am interested in IDSs. I have developed an IDS that can detect DoS attacks, Ping sweep attacks, and secure documents thefts. I need to compare my results with other IDSs. I searched the commercial products sites, like Cisco, Sans, RealSecure. Snort, but they don't provide their experimental results. I also searched Network security magazine, IEEE, ACM but all the papers that I got talked about designs or frameworks but they don't publish any experimental results. I wonder if anyone can guide me to the right direction to find experimental results talking about the detection time or response time of various IDSs so that I can finish my work.

I hope that it is clearer this time.

Thanks
Islam Hegazy