[Snort-sigs] Netsky.c + others? attachment sid

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...481...
Wed Mar 3 11:32:07 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, John B. wrote:

> If 192.168.1.10 normally sends logrotate emails to
> 192.168.1.2, would it not then be a trusted SMTP
> server also?

Frankly? No. It will use SMTP to forward daily reports but it will not
receive SMTP at all. This is a common setup in many hosting networks as
well.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at ...481...		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.