[Snort-sigs] Windows RPC Interface access detect signature set (win-rpc.rules)

Wed Jun 2 08:24:03 EDT 2004

FWIW... I believe the SID range for user-built sids to stay outside of
snort's reserved range starts at 1,000,000.

<snortdocs>
2.4.3 sid
The sid keyword is used to uniquely identify Snort rules. This
information allows output plugins to identify rules easily. This option
should be used with the rev keyword. (See section 2.4.4)

<100 Reserved for future use
100-1,000,000 Rules included with the Snort distribution
>1,000,000 Used for local rules

The file sid-msg.map contains a mapping of alert messages to Snort rule
IDs. This information is useful when post-processing alert to map an ID
to an alert message.

</snortdocs>