[Snort-sigs] What is the & operator in byte_test for?

Keith W. McCammon mccammon at ...2420...
Thu Jul 29 13:44:01 EDT 2004

Well, this is in the docs:

"operator
    operation to perform to test the value (<,>,=,!,&)"

And if you're not a programmer, then that last one probably doesn't
make immediate sense.  That the character appears in the docs doesn't
necessarily mean that the docs explain the purpose of the character :)