[Snort-sigs] Excluding the snort host from all rules?

Tue Jul 20 10:11:01 EDT 2004

You can use a pass rule to do this, be careful with them though

-----Original Message-----
From: R S [mailto:m3yd3y at ...144...]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 7:53 AM
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Excluding the snort host from all rules?

Hello,

Is there a way to exclude the snort host from all rules?  I am a very
new user and have just installed the software.  Almost all the alerts I
see are my Snort machine talking to our Windows 2000 server.  I get
messages for L3retriever, SMB, etc. and they are mostly from my snort
box.

How can I tell snort to ignore everything coming from itself???

Thanks,