[Snort-sigs] Excluding the snort host from all rules?

R S m3yd3y at ...144...
Tue Jul 20 05:55:22 EDT 2004

Hello,

Is there a way to exclude the snort host from all rules?  I am a very new user and have just installed the software.  Almost all the alerts I see are my Snort machine talking to our Windows 2000 server.  I get messages for L3retriever, SMB, etc. and they are mostly from my snort box.

How can I tell snort to ignore everything coming from itself???

Thanks,