[Snort-sigs] Unknown IIS Issue

Matthew Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Mon Jul 19 14:30:19 EDT 2004

Yes, I agree it does. In fact we had 2 rules on bleeding that both
covered it by just seeing the THCOWNZIIS string in the ssl stream. I was
just talking to 2 people today though that are not seieng both
signatures trip at the same time, which I assume should happen.

I'm getting 40 or 50 hits on the sig just looking for THCOWNZIIS that
look legitimate. They're in an ssl stream close to the beginning of the
conversation. But no hits on 2515 at the same time.

I haven't had time to look into it yet though. Once I do I'll send
packet dumps out to see if anyone has any odeas.

Thanks Matt

matt