[Snort-sigs] snort rules and -CURRENT for 2.1.3

Rowland, Krisa W ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Krisa.W.Rowland at ...2112...
Thu Jul 8 08:45:12 EDT 2004

So did we ever answer this?  Is current for 2.2 now?  I understand that the
current sigs aren't the most stable sigs - but if I use this with my 2.1.3
is it going to break it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Jacobsen [mailto:jacobsen at ...437...]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:46 PM
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-sigs] snort rules and -CURRENT for 2.1.3

I hate to bring up a sore subject, but a few weeks back we
determined that:

snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz was for snort 2.1.3
snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz was for snort 2.1.0 to 2.1.2
snortrules-snapshot-2_0.tar.gz was for snort 2.0.x

If I want to set up a 2.1.3 system (now that it's official
and not a candidate) should I be syncing from the -CURRENT
or is that going to change to be [2.1.4 | 2.2.x] as soon as
those betas and rcs start, and you'll spawn yet another
snortrules-snapshot hierarchy for 2.1.3 people?

Thanks!