[Snort-sigs] BIttorrent Signature updates

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...435...
Thu Jul 8 08:01:39 EDT 2004

On  0, Matthew Jonkman <matt at ...2436...> allegedly wrote:
> Thanks for looking at it. I had a reference that mentioned that
> bittorrent 2, as well as some existing clients will go to 6999 as well.
> So I figured I'd get ahead of the game. :)
>
> Had a few references in bt2 devel sites, as well as this:
> http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html

Thanks for the link. I see the following two options which might cause
some problems too:

 --minport <arg>
		 minimum port to listen on, counts up if unavailable (defaults to
		 6881)
 --maxport <arg>
		 maximum port to listen on (defaults to 6999)

I hate this p2p stuff :)

Don't forget to include the references in your rules.

Nigel Houghton       Research Engineer        Sourcefire Inc.
                 Vulnerability Research Team

"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!" -- Wendy
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise." -- Cartman