[Snort-sigs] Rule to capture POP3 username/password for mail server migration

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...481...
Mon Feb 23 14:50:03 EST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Steven Alexander wrote:

> I've found that it works best to bite into a piece of cat5 attached to your switch's mirror/monitoring port; with practice you can *feel* the passwords.  It helps if any of your teeth have metal fillings.

Don't try this on a POTS line. Not everyone is a bad conducter.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at ...481...		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.