[Snort-sigs] Upgrade Snort 2.0.1 to 2.1

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...189...
Wed Feb 18 09:37:06 EST 2004

At 10:28 AM 2/18/2004, Rowland, Krisa W ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor wrote:
>Can you someone please give me some instructions on how to upgrade Snort
>from 2.0.1 to 2.1?

I'd suggest posting this on snort-users, not snort-sigs.... snort-sigs is a
mailing list for signature development.

That said, upgrading should consist of:
         1) back up your snort.conf
         2) download, unpack the snort tarball from snort.org
         3) give the doc/README and doc/NEWS files a quick skim. (There's
nothing new in them in this release, but always a good idea to check)
         4) compile and install the snort tarball (see the doc/INSTALL file)
         5) merge your HOME_NET variables, etc from your old snort.conf
into the new snort.conf.