[Snort-sigs] Snort front ends

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...435...
Thu Feb 12 09:12:03 EST 2004

Around 11:12am Matt Kettler said:

MK :At 05:03 PM 2/11/2004, Trevor Daucsavage wrote:
MK :>I know this isn't the *correct* forum for this type of question, so I
MK :>apologize in advance.  I ask anyway because I figure you guys are the
MK :>ones who use snort best and most often.
MK :>
MK :>My question is this: Does anyone have any recommendations for a snort
MK :>front-end?  We're trying to find some kind of package that can use to
MK :>ease install of signatures and maybe even nice graphs and alerting.
MK :>
MK :>Again I apologize if I've offended anyone.
MK :
MK :I don't think you've outright offended anyone.. but you have at least
MK :confused me.

There's an answer to that :)

MK :Why not ask on snort-users?

That may be a much better place for your question, in the meantime you
could go to http://www.intelguardians.net/research.html and look at the
paper on Snort Guis.

Nigel Houghton        Security Research Engineer        Sourcefire Inc.
                     Vulnerability Research Team

"In an emergency situation involving two or more officers of equal rank,
seniority will be granted to whichever officer can program a vcr."