[Snort-sigs] First attempt at writing a sig

Matt Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Fri Dec 17 12:11:02 EST 2004

Not a bad run for a first sig. Thanks for posting it.

Why did you go home-home net? Why not home-any? Or even any-any? I'm not
that familiar with the tool, but I'd think the most interesting traffic
would be someone from the outside connecting to a local box.

As far as why it doesn't show right in acid, not sure. It is crafted
correctly. Try increasing the rev number and hitting it again. I wonder
if maybe the first time you had a hit the msg was empty, in which case
it won't take the new msg until the rev # increases.

I'll put this up on bleeding snort for more testing after we sort out
the reasons for the home-home.

Matt