[Snort-sigs] UDP Strangeness Signatures -- ISC

Matt Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Fri Dec 10 21:31:00 EST 2004

The intrepid Incident Handlers at http://isc.sans.org are on the trail
of the recent UDP strangeness noted in the last couple days Diary Entries.

http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2004-12-10

Erik Fichtner put great effort into writing signatures to detect this
very complex traffic they're investigating. They've asked that we
distribute these rules and ask that you report the details of any hits.

The signatures are posted in the current bleedingsnort.com ruleset.
We'll keep them there until ISC has enough information.

PLEASE!!! Report any hits. They don't require disclosing any sensitive
information to do so.

The signatures are available for review here:
http://www.bleedingsnort.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Stable/ISC_RESEARCH_UDP_Frags

Again, they're posted to the main rulesets so update if you're willing
to help out.

Matt
Bleedingsnort.com