[Snort-sigs] SAM tool

John Nagro john.nagro at ...2420...
Tue Aug 31 14:06:19 EDT 2004

this might be better off on the Snort-Users list

snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

just a suggestion...

-John

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Ryan <pryan at ...2757...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:56:40 -0400
Subject: [Snort-sigs] SAM tool
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net

I need some assistance with the SAM reporting tool /addon for SNORT,
my setup is as follows ..

I have SNORT running on a remote RH 9 box; I'm testing syslog to
multiple windows pc's using Kiwi s/w – this works quite well.

I am attempting to install the application – on a windows machine
supplementing Kiwi.

Has anyone attempted to install SAM on a window machine ?

My setup is as follows :

Database =snort-01

DB Type = mysql

Hostname = IP:3306

Db Name = snort

Username = snort

Password = snort

The error I get with this setup is "Invalid authorization:Access
denied for user :'snort at ...2758...;(using password:YES)

Any suggestions would be appreciated …

Thanks in advance,

Paul

--