[Snort-sigs] 2383 FP " NETBIOS SMB-DS DCERPC NTLMSSP asn1 overflow attempt"

Alex Kirk alex.kirk at ...435...
Wed Aug 25 08:49:20 EDT 2004

Generally speaking, it's nice if you can provide details with a false
positive report -- like why you think it's a false positive, what (if
anything) you suspect may be causing it, and pcaps if appropriate. We're
more than happy to investigate these things, but just saying there's a
false positive associated with a rule gives us nowhere to even begin.

BTW, please send whatever details you may have to the list, so that more
eyes can be looking at them.

Alex Kirk
Research Analyst
Sourcefire, Inc.