[Snort-sigs] DHCP Attack

Kenneth G. Arnold bkarnold at ...1280...
Wed Aug 18 19:30:02 EDT 2004

We have found the following rule to be very effective in spotting rogue
DHCP servers on our campus.

#
# DHCP Servers
#
alert udp !$DHCP_SERVERS 67 -> 255.255.255.255 any (msg: "DHCP Server On
Campus"; sid:1000001;)

Define DHCP_SERVERS to be all the IP addresses that are valid DHCP
servers in your network.

Kenneth Arnold
System Administrator
Christian Brothers University