[Snort-sigs] help

Alex Kirk alex.kirk at ...435...
Mon Aug 16 09:02:10 EDT 2004

randy gillo wrote:

>  hi i had recently installed snort 2.0 on a windows xp but evertime i
> run the snort in the bin folder that has a command line picture it
> goes away real quik do i have to run it through the command line
> .......................... do i have to run snort through a network
> environment or can i just run it through a stand alone computer like
> my own house and i have road runner would it still work. thank you

Snort-Sigs is for discussion of rule signatures. You can find
subscription info for Snort-Users at:

http://www.snort.org/lists.html

Also, it's worth noting that you'll want to make questions as detailed
and coherent as possible to get a good response.

Good luck.

Alex Kirk
Research Analyst
Sourcefire, Inc.