[Snort-sigs] Please remove the word "nazi" from the website

John Nagro john.nagro at ...2420...
Wed Aug 11 07:24:05 EDT 2004

Joseph,

I'm not sure whats more hypocritical, you telling us how
un-judgemental you are, or you assuring us that youre totaly in
support of freedom of speech and against censorship. When people like
you take action against things like this we slowly start to draw a
line in the sand. This line slowly gets more and more defined untill
we're totaly unable to discuss or challenge anything. The snort
developers were certainly not using those words to support the nazi
party, or to put down a group of people (even if they were they have
their rights). They were using the word's more modernized meaning, a
meaning that has developed over the last 60+ years since the war. If
anything, i'm glad we can use this word like this. It reminds us all
of what happened. If we shut out the past, if we tuck away things that
'dont feel good', then we will simply forget and repeat.

Who's to say what we can and cannot discuss or talk about. The stance
of the United States goverment is that we can do what we want untill
we take away the rights of another. Snort.org has a right to say this,
and i have a right to hear it. If you dont want to, you dont have too.

I dont want to get into a heated discussion on this mailing list,
because this is not what this is for. If you want to talk about it
further email me directly.

-John Nagro

John Nagro
john.nagro at ...2420...