[Snort-sigs] Please remove the word "nazi" from the website

Joseph Gama josephgama at ...144...
Tue Aug 10 15:23:09 EDT 2004

Brian,

Thank you so much for making that change.

I am not being judgemental and I am aware that it was
just there for fun but I still believe this is for the
best to remove it. Once when I was searching something
online I found, I am not sure if it was the old logo
of the Snort project, or some related website and it
was a bleeding pig's head on a stick. It was just for
fun too but it reminded me instantly of pictures from
the war that I saw when I was a kid. Human heads on
sticks with the bloody skin from the neck hanging.
That was another war and I was 4 when it ended. Yes,
you are right about not having to be too sensitive
about certain things and I belieeve in freedom of
speech and I am totally against censorship. What
worries me are the recent statistics on hate crimes
and the negative effects of TV on kids and teens.
There was a time when you could ask a stranger to hold
your baby while you would go to the restroom. Things
have changed and I maybe this is not the time to take
some words back. I hope it will change but it takes
time.

Peace,

Joseph Gama